Skin Laser Treatments NYC
Dr. Klausner performs laser treatments in her New York office. She chooses the VariLite dual wavelength laser system because she can trust that it is the ultimate skin lesion laser solution. This laser combines 532nm and 940 nm wavelengths of light in order to ablate fine but prominent blood vessels on the face, chest and legs. The laser also uses non ablative technology in order to effectively reduce redness of the skin associated with rosacea and abnormal pigmentation seen with excess sun exposure. Dr. Klausner has found the VariLite laser is also an effective treatment of unwanted brown spots typically seen on the face, chest and hands. The laser is safe for darker skin types and may be used for removal of dark unwanted facial hair. Dr. Klausner will recommend 2-3 treatments, which are typically required approximately four to six weeks apart.
VARI-LITE Laser treatments can reduce or get rid of:
- Telangiectasia – facial spider veins caused by a dilation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas – slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas – slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
- Rosacea – red facial lesions usually around the nose and cheeks causing a sunburn look
- Lentigines – flat, brown spots also called liver spots
- Keratoses – slightly elevated pigmented spots often found on the back and hands
- Freckles – a brownish spot on the skin common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – small, black marks seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
- Hyperpigmentation (brown spots/sun spots)
As with all of the treatments offered, Dr. Klausner will discuss in detail in her Manhattan office your desires, questions and concerns and, once a thorough examination has been completed, she will give you expert advice about your treatment.